Pre-stressed steel strand, when stressed and embedded in concrete, loses the applied stress exponentially as time passes. The loss of stress is one of the important factors in the design of pre-stressed concrete structures. TATA Wiron PC Strands are treated by the stabilisation process, which is the most widely accepted method throughout the world.
Bare PC Strands are used in pre-stressing of concrete for construction of various types of structures (road, river & railway bridges and flyovers, atomic reactor domes, slabs, silos, hangers, aqueducts, high-rise buildings, viaducts and railway sleepers).
|International Specification||Indian Specification|
|ASTM A 416||IS 14268 (Low Relaxation Strand)|
|BS 5896||IS 6006 (Normal Relaxation Strand)|
|AS NZS 4672|
Any other International Specification and as per customer requirements
- Brings down the amount of steel required by 10%.
- Reduces project cost by decreasing the number of anchorages, sheathings, wedges and labour.
- Lowers the concrete requirement due to reduced size of structural members.
- Eliminates the necessity of extra post straightening treatment with thermo-mechanical processing.
National Highways Authority of India • Railways • Public Health Department ( PWD)
Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd • Metro Rail Corporations • NTPC
Major infrastructure projects in India have used PC Strands manufactured by Tata Wiron.
|Rail & Metros||Bridges||Road||Others|
We source our raw materials from our mines and steel-making facilities to ensure quality of our products. Our strand manufacturing plants are certified with ISO 9001:2008 for Quality Management Systems and the testing laboratories are accredited to ISO/IEC 17025 by NABL- the open accreditation body of India.
The strand is manufactured to meet all national and international standards - IS14268, BS 5896, ASTM A416/416M, AS/NZS 4672, AS NZS 4672, JIS3536 & EN-10138-3. The size range is: 9.30 mm to 15.70 mm.
- Manufactured under BIS license against IS 14268
- Approved by Dubai Central Laboratory (DCL)
- Approved by Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd (NPCIL) for use in Atomic Reactors